Pages

SONG OF WEEK

"I'm yours"- Jason Mraz

Artiste: Jason Mraz

Year: 2008 (whaaaat!)

Album: We sing, We Dance, We Steal Things 

Genre: Pop

Awards: Grammy nominated (twice)


Jason Mraz is an American singer and songwriter who released his debut studio album, Waiting for My Rocket to Come in 2002. He released his second album, Mr. A-Z in 2005. Mraz has won two Grammy awards. We sing, We dance, We steal things is his third studio album released in 2008. He released Love is a Four-Letter Word in 2012, and Yes! in 2014.

Though this song is eight years old already, I can't quit getting psyched about it!


Lyrics

Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill, but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
Now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out
I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention.
I reckon, it's again my turn
To win some or learn some.

But I won't hesitate
No more, no more.
It cannot wait,
I'm yours.

Well, open up your mind and see like me,
Open up your plans and damn you're free.
Look into your heart and you'll find love, love, love, love.
Listen to the music of the moment, people dance and sing, we're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved, loved

So I won't hesitate
No more, no more.
It cannot wait,
I'm sure.
There's no need to complicate.
Our time is short.
This is our fate,
I'm yours.

Do you want to come on, scooch on over closer, dear
And I will whisper in your ear

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and I laughed.

I guess what I'll be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons.
It's what we aim to do.
Our name is our virtue.

But I won't hesitate
No more, no more.
It cannot wait,
I'm yours.

Well, open up your mind and see like me,
Open up your plans and damn you're free.
Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours.
So please don't, please don't, please don't...
There's no need to complicate.
'Cause our time is short.
This oh, this oh, this is our fate.
I'm yours.

Oh, I'm yours
Oh, I'm yours
Oh, oh,
Baby, do you believe, I'm yours?
You best believe, you best believe, I'm yours.


Seun Ajijala

2 comments:

  1. I am old enough to be your grandpa from the look of things but i agree with you it is easy to be psyched about this song.... I just noticed in my 2 tera-bytes of Dls of music that i actually did not have any Jason Mraz and I have been trying to correct that for the last two days looking for this album 'steal things' (dont even get me started on discoverying i didnt have Norah Jones except for about 3 vids) I am old old school and we have this psychological problem that we grew up either giving most of our money to record companies, or being envious of our friends collections.... so shoot me i DL everything that i used to want from the last 100 years (oh lord Billie Holiday i wish i had been my dad's age so i could have dated you)...
    Anyway with Thanksgiving coming up i said "hmm i need a good song so when me and my cousin show up at my sisters we got a good song to play" I began thinking about this song... looked at the chords (it is so easy to play!!! 4 chords and repeat)...
    ..So my whole point is: I thank you for this song, i dont really want the vid, in fact i am not DLing anything here, I am old old school, i want the album!
    But u got good taste kid (so do i)
    if u r in the USA remember to vote for Hillary(Obama trusts her to carry the torch), one thing they really have proven about Trump is that when he accuses someone of something it is because he is trying to protect himself from being found out... He accuses people of doing what he is most guilty of, when he says the election is rigged it means he has rigged it somehow, we need people to vote to beat the Trump rig.

    eye on g mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thank you!I'm glad you found the song, and yes, it is easy to play. My father is old school too, like you (though old old). I'm sorry the election results didn't turn out as expected. I wish you a joyous thanksgiving! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram